October 3, 2006 ~ 10:24pm
I've finally made some serious changes to my website management. Although it may look the same, virtually everything underneath has been rewritten. I don't want to list the complete set of changes but the following things were of the most importance.
- I've eliminated the user authentication required to post and moved to a moderated system.
- I've decided to show my categories lists. Previously I used them only for my own personal tracking.
- I've added RSS2 feeds to posts, comments and categories.
- I've added a cookie to only track your names for login.
- Moved entirely to a mod_rewrite based navigation.
There must be a few dozen bugs or quirks I have yet to fix, so for the next few days or weeks, I don't know if there will be any disasters. I'll be parsing my 404 messages for a month or so at least.
Open wide the doors to spam, random posts, and hopefully a nicer experience at this site.
Edit: (10/4) I had some comments being swallowed up due to errors with the database. Should be fixed now.