Tuesday, November 17th, 2009 ~ 10:15 am by Mauriat Miranda
It’s that time of year again, the Fedora Project announced the release of Fedora 12.
This release has received a great deal of polish, and with that plenty of media and documentation to go along with it.
Please see what’s new in Fedora 12. Some of the highlights include:
- Optimized performance - The 32-bit packages have been compiled for i686 systems
- Faster updates - The yum-presto plugin is default and RPM has updated its compression format
- More comprehensive networking and broadband support
- Next-generation (Ogg) Theora video
- Bluetooth on-demand
- Moblin graphical interface for netbooks
- Gnome 2.28
- KDE 4.3 (with updated “Air” theme)
- Better webcam support
- Better tablet support
- Improvements to Virtualization
When reading through all the information and documentation, it is easy to tell that a great deal of polish went into this release! Happy installing.